Countless questions keep us up at night. Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James? PB&J vs. grilled cheese sandwiches? But possibly the biggest question of all is what taco is best: soft vs. crunchy? What do you think?
Read our blog post below as we square up both tacos and identify what makes both so good.
In This Corner, We Have the Soft Taco!
This type of taco provides diners a satisfying warm tortilla that contains a variety of toppings ranging from meat, cheese, and veggies. In fact, according to a 2019 poll from Fox 5, many people prefer theirs to have a simple combination of meat, lettuce, shredded cheese, and tomatoes in a soft tortilla.
Many softshell lovers argue that this variety can actually hold more toppings than the standard hard shell. They even go as far as to say it offers a better eating experience as the shell doesn’t crumble as you eat it.
But what about the crunchy taco?
Crunchy Tacos Strike Back
While soft shell fans argue that warm tortillas offer a satisfying experience, hardshell lovers counter with that satisfying crunch. When you bite into a hard shell, one of the first things you notice is that thick tortilla breaking in your mouth with other toppings accompanying it with amazing flavors. More than that, at least when these shells break apart, you can use them almost like nachos and top them with your fallen ingredients.
What Does Your Favorite Taco Say About You?
While it may seem silly to some, your favorite taco says a lot about you. In fact, the New York Post recently shared some interesting personality traits that align with hardshell and softshell fans. They said:
- Hardshell fans were more likely to prefer Batman, while softshell fans reported being fans of Superman more often.
- The survey reported that hardshell eaters are more likely to be early risers than softshell eaters.
- Hardshell fans are more likely to be dog lovers while those who prefer softshell tend to prefer cats as pets.
- Hardshell eaters reported that they enjoyed reading books and listening to audiobooks more frequently than softshell eaters, while the softshell camp reported enjoying movies and TV more frequently than the hardshell camp.
- Both hardshell and softshell fans alike reported that one of their favorite places to enjoy tacos is on the beach.
- Both hardshell and softshell fans tend to prefer drinking margaritas over beers with their tacos.
Why Can’t We All Just Get Along?
For the love of tacos, stop this debate and just enjoy a plate of your favorite Mexican food. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to the deliciousness of hardshell and softshell. Both are easy to eat and offer tremendous health benefits due to the minerals and nutrients found in their vegetables and meats. Stop by and try our crunchy and soft taco and let us know which team you’re on!
The Original Grande is Serving Your Favorite Mexican Food
Stop by The Original Grande to fuel your inner fiesta and experience a delicious Mexican menu in the State of Kansas. We offer a variety of favorites including tacos, burritos, sanchos, enchiladas, and much more! Visit a location near you and see why people are saying “Viva Grande!”